Belle Vue Bed and Breakfast is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac and a 5 minute walk from Inverkip’s main street.
Inverkip is an historic conservation village nestling at the mouth of the River Kip on the banks of the Firth of Clyde. The view from the upstairs bedrooms is towards the hills around the Holy Loch near Dunoon and the higher peaks of Loch Long.
The area has much to offer whether it be for business or leisure:
- Kip Marina, 10 minute walk
- Cruise Ship terminal, Greenock, 15 minute drive – 2020 cruise schedule
- Finlaystone Estate – 20 minute drive
- Funworld, Laser Matrix and Elev8 Trampolining – 10 minute drive
- Nature trails – Greenock Cut Centre, 10 minute drive
- Seaside towns of Gourock and Largs only a short drive along the coast.
- 7 golf courses within a 7 mile radius
- The Beacon Arts Centre, Greenock, 15 minute drive
- Waterfront Cinema, Greenock showing all the latest films
- Inverclyde Webcam
- Wemyss Bay Station, Edwardian masterpiece and pier
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Heritage Centre, Greenock
- McLean Museum and Library, Greenock
- Newark Castle, Port Glasgow
- Ingliston Equestrian Centre, Bishopton (10 miles)
- Intu Centre, Braehead near Paisley (15 miles) – Ski-ing, snowboarding, climbing wall, bowling, cinema, restaurants, shopping
- Sports centres and Leisure pools in Greenock, Gourock (Heated Outdoor pool) and Largs
- Beautiful walks around the area – Lunderston Bay and Ardgowan Estate
Mountstuart, Bute – 20 minutes sail away from Wemyss Bay
- SECC, Glasgow (50 mins)
- Loch Lomond 45 minutes away
- Ferries to Arran, Millport, Rothesay (Mount Stuart House) and Dunoon within easy reach.
- Public transport – Inverkip rail halt and regular bus services to and from Glasgow Central.
- Glasgow Airport (40 mins), Prestwick Airport (50 mins), Edinburgh Airport (2 hrs)
- For tours of Scotland please visit Slaintescotland.com or Go-Go Scotland Tours
Inverkip is well served by:
- Inverkip Hotel, Restaurant and Bar – Main Street, Inverkip
- Chartroom Restaurant and Bar at the Kip Marina
- Kipper Bistro next door to Sainsburys, Inverkip
- Kip Chippy, Inverkip carry out food
- Cafe Riva at Kip Marina
- Seaview Cafe, Wemyss Bay
- Sainsburys, Inverkip
- Chemist, Main Street, Inverkip
- Post Office, Main Street, Inverkip
- Church of Scotland – Inverkip Parish Church (established over 820 yrs ago)
- St Joseph's & St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church at Wemyss Bay (2 miles)
Inverclyde has much to offer whether it be for business or leisure with numerous golf courses, sailing, walking, swimming, cinema and much more, all within a 10 mile radius. Scenic Loch Lomond and national park is only 45 minutes away.
Inverkip is well served by transport links – trains (on the Wemyss Bay to Glasgow line) and bus links to Largs, Ayr, Greenock and Glasgow and ferries to the various islands on the River Clyde all only a short drive away at Gourock, Wemyss Bay and Largs. Glasgow Airport is a 40 minute drive and Prestwick Airport approx 1 hour.